International Maritime Academy (IMA) is a section 25 registered private ltd company to run the maritime courses & established on the year 1999 in the chennai city. In order to provide the technical education in the field of Merchant Navy, IMA was established. The courses conducted at IMA are highly job oriented in the worldwide shipping companies. The young boys are motivated properly & trained in a disciplined manner to work with various national in the International shipping companies.
Approval & Accreditation
• IMA is Approved by the Directorate General of shipping (DGS) Ministry of shipping, Government of India vide their letter No: 3-TR(48/99) on Dec 1999 for the issuance of Continuous Discharge Certificate (CDC) wherever required.
• IMA has been awarded ISO 9001:2008 Quality Certification by Indian Register Quality Systems.
• IMA is Graded as " OUTSTANDING " institution (GRADE-1) by SMERA (which is a DGS approved Rating Agency) for the infrastructural facilities and other features.
• IMA is conducting the courses under technical collaboration with the Karnataka State Open University (KSOU) , Mukthagangotri, Mysore – 6. which is the second largest University.
• IMA is accredited by "International Accreditation Organization" (IAO),Houston,USA, which is an International Quality Assurance Agency.
The International Maritime Academy has constructed its own Ship-In-Campus (T.S.PRIDE of IMA) training facility in the academy campus itself. This ship in campus training facility is available only at few training colleges all over the world.
The students are given training in Steering simulator, OOW simulator (180 Degree/ 5 channels) & Engine Room Simulator as Value added training along with their Pre-sea training courses.
• IMA has a placement cell to interact with the leading international reputation among the shipping companies, The International shipping companies are conducting campus interviews to select our Trainees for their requirement.
• The demand for Marine Engineers, Nautical Science Cadets and GP Ratings are globally increasing every year and it is expected in the year 2015 to increase 20% further more. Correspondingly, the demand for Naval Architects is also increasing in the world wide Ship Yards.
PRE-SEA TRAINING COURSES
All Pre-Sea Training courses are Compulsorily Residential
STCW'95 (Modular Courses)
These Modular Courses are compulsory for joining sea services. After Pre-Sea Training, these courses are to be completed.